Motorcycle Accidents - Alabama Attorneys Focused On Your Personal Needs
Discover what an experienced Alabama motorcycle accident lawyer can do for you
Motorcycle accidents in Alabama often result in serious injuries or fatalities. If you or a loved one was hurt or killed in a motorcycle accident, protect your rights. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, and get the compensation you deserve for your personal injury accident.
Located in Birmingham and serving motorcycle accident victims throughout Alabama, Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, has years of experience investigating motorcycle accidents. We know what evidence to look for and we know how to take those facts and make a strong case.
What are common causes of motorcycle accidents in Alabama?
Many people wrongly blame motorcyclists for causing auto accidents involving other vehicles. They claim that motorcyclists wreak havoc on the roads and put other people in danger. Nothing could be further from the truth. In many cases, other drivers cause motorcycle accidents. The top causes of motorcycle crashes in Alabama include:
- Drivers who "don't see" motorcyclists - Many drivers claim they didn't see the motorcyclist after they cause an accident. While the driver may not have meant to cause harm, that's no excuse. Drivers have a responsibility to avoid causing accidents involving motorcyclists. That means watching out for all others sharing the road, including motorcyclists.
- Distracted drivers - Many drivers don't pay attention to other vehicles around them, including motorcycles. Instead, these drivers engage in activities that take their eyes and attention away from the road, including:
- Texting while driving
- Eating while driving
- Personal grooming
- Operating GPS device
- Reckless drivers - Some of the most dangerous forms of reckless driving which often result in motorcycle accidents include:
- Changing lanes without warning
- Running red lights
- Weaving in and out of traffic
- Speeding drivers - When people drive too fast, they don't have enough time to stop or react to other vehicles around them. A speeding driver may not have enough time to stop for congested traffic on a highway. As a result, speeding drivers often crash into motorcycles and cause serious accidents. These accidents might not have happened, or might not have been as severe, if the driver was obeying the speed limit.
According to a report by the Alabama Department of Transportation, there were 97 motorcycle fatalities in 2011 and 1,438 injuries. These statistics represent an increase over the previous year, when 86 people died and 1,319 people were injured in Alabama motorcycle crashes.
"What should I do if I'm involved in a motorcycle accident in Alabama?"
We strongly recommend motorcycle accident victims take the follow steps after their accident if they are able to do so:
- Contact the police
- Ask police to investigate accident
- Call for emergency medical help
- Get following information from other driver:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Insurance information
- Take photographs of accident, particularly:
- Damage to vehicles
- Your injuries
- Write down the following information:
- Exact time of accident
- Exact location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Interview witnesses
- Get following information from witnesses:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Contact your insurance company
- Contact us
"Why should I hire an Alabama motorcycle accident attorney?"
When motorcycle accidents happen, many people assume such cases will be resolved quickly and injury victims will be fairly compensated. Unfortunately, that's not always true. In many cases, many motorcycle accident victims don't receive the money or support they deserve.
Many drivers deny causing motorcycle accidents. Insurance companies also often blame motorcyclists for causing such accidents. Level the playing field. Contact us. If you are retained by our firm, we will aggressively research your case and work tirelessly to gather evidence.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact a law firm that puts your best interests first. Contact the Alabama motorcycle accident attorneys at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation.
If we handle your motorcycle accident case, you don't have to pay us any fees unless we win. We are contingency fee lawyers.