Hold Drunk Drivers Responsible with a Birmingham Car Wreck Lawyer
We can help if you’ve been hurt in a crash caused by a drunk driver
Birmingham car wrecks caused by drunk drivers may seem simple and straightforward, but they’re often complex and require the knowledge and experience of a car accident lawyer like Attorney Perry Shuttlesworth to help injured crash victims get the compensation they deserve.
Most of us know the dangers associated with driving under the influence of alcohol, but that doesn’t stop some people from getting behind the wheel of a car and driving while intoxicated. Drunk drivers pose a huge risk to other people on the road because the basic motor skills and coordination they need to safely operate a vehicle have been greatly diminished.
If you have been injured in a collision that was caused by a drunk driver, you need a compassionate car wreck lawyer like the attorneys at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. to investigate the details surrounding your crash, explain your legal options, and take the necessary steps to hold the drunk driver accountable for their reckless behavior. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation or call 866-583-1885.
Our Birmingham law firm details the dangers of drinking and driving
Drunk drivers cause many different types of car wrecks, including rear-end accidents, T-bone/broadside crashes, and head-on collisions. That’s because when someone consumes alcohol, they’re ability to safely drive a car has been significantly reduced. Consuming alcohol can affect a person’s ability to drive by:
- Slowing reaction time: Your ability to react becomes much slower as you consume alcohol, meaning you might not be prepared to stop if the vehicle in front of you has to suddenly brake. You may also not be able react in time to other things you encounter while driving, such as a traffic light that just turned red.
- Reducing coordination: In order to safely drive a vehicle, you need your eyes, hands, and feet to work together. Drinking alcohol has a negative impact on your coordination, making something like safely driving through an intersection extremely difficult.
- Impacting concentration: When you drink alcohol your attention span is affected, meaning your ability to focus on the road ahead of you can become a huge challenge. Being able to drive your vehicle at a safe speed is important, and if you’re driving under the influence of alcohol there’s a good chance you won’t be able to drive at safe, appropriate speeds either.
- Impairing vision: Blurred vision and random, rapid eye movement are common symptoms of consuming alcohol, and as you can imagine, this greatly affects a person’s ability to safely operate a vehicle. Consuming alcohol can also impair your peripheral vision and make judging the distance between vehicles tremendously tough.
- Affecting judgment: Someone who gets behind the wheel of a car after consuming alcohol is already showing a lack of good judgment, but that absence of good judgment also affects the person’s ability to safely drive a vehicle. When you drive a car, you need to be able to anticipate and react to things quickly. If you can’t, you’re at risk of causing a car accident and injuring someone else.
Get a Birmingham car accident lawyer to hold drunk drivers accountable
Anyone who gets behind the wheel of a car after drinking alcohol and injures someone else in a car wreck needs to be held responsible for their reckless decisions. Unfortunately, these types of cases often become complicated and frustrating for the person who was hurt. The other driver can deny being under the influence of alcohol, challenge results from a DUI test, or in some instances, try to say the car crash was your fault. Insurance companies are often not much help either, as a lot of times they’ll try to get you to accept an unfair settlement offer just to get rid of you as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Don’t give in, and don’t give up. Attorney Perry Shuttlesworth and his Birmingham legal team have years of experience handling tough drunk driving cases and are committed to getting injured crash victims the justice and compensation they so rightfully deserve. If you’ve been injured in a car wreck that was caused by a drunk driver, you need a car accident lawyer who can answer your questions, investigate you crash, and build a strong case that won’t be ignored. We win cases, and we deliver results. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.