What should I do if I'm a victim of a truck accident?
Helpful advice you can use from an experienced Alabama truck accident attorney
Victims of truck accidents often don't even know where to begin after they're involved in traumatic crashes involving big rigs. We understand your confusion. That's why we want to help. Our experienced Alabama truck accident attorney knows how to get personal injury victims the compensation they deserve.
Our case results for truck accidents in Alabama speak volumes. Some of our larger verdicts and settlements include:
- $10 million settlement for wrongful death truck accident
- $7 million verdict for commercial truck driver negligence
- $5 million verdict for wrongful death truck accident
What's the secret to our success? Quite simple, we work tirelessly on every truck accident case we handle at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. We know what evidence to look for and we know how to make things right. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation. Call 866-583-1885.
"What steps should I take if I'm involved in a truck accident in Alabama?"
If you have been in a truck accident in Alabama, we strongly urge you to take the following steps after your truck accident:
- Seek medical attention - Have a doctor or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) examine you and everyone else involved in the accident. Even if you feel fine, you could have a life-threatening internal injury. Don't try to diagnose yourself.
- Contact the police - Tractor-trailer are often very serious and very complicated. That's why it's critical that the police investigate your accident. The official police accident report could also be critical for obtaining compensation for your accident.
- Driver's information - This step includes making sure you obtain the following information from the truck driver:
- Truck driver's full name
- Truck driver's license number
- Truck driver's insurance information
- Truck driver's phone number and address
- Name, address and phone number of trucking company
- Gather evidence - Take notes about the scene of the accident. Write down:
- Exact time and location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signals (especially if they weren't working)
Every detail counts. Evidence builds strong cases. Write down anything important.
- Take photographs - Take photographs of your accident and any injuries you or anyone else sustained in the accident. That way, if an insurance company or anyone else expresses any doubt later, you'll have proof of your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses - If someone saw your accident, talk to them. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers. Their testimony could be critical to obtaining compensation for your Alabama truck accident.
- Call your insurance company - Notify your insurance company as soon as possible that you have been involved in a truck accident.
- Don't talk to other insurance carriers - If you're contacted by the trucking company's insurance company or other at-fault parties' insurance carriers, don't say anything. Adjusters will use anything you say to limit your claim. We can handle them for you.
- Contact a lawyer - Having an experienced Alabama truck accident attorney can make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. Contact us. We can help.
Why should I hire an Alabama truck accident lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC?
Building a successful truck accident case takes great skill and hard work. An experienced attorney knows what evidence to look for and how to assemble that information into a strong legal case. Our attorney excels at these cases and we have the results to prove it. Our attorney works on a contingency fee basis when handling truck accident claims. That means you pay no attorney's fees unless you win.
Don't take chances with your future. Take strong legal action. Contact the Birmingham AL truck accident lawyer who delivers results. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC today. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. We want to help you make things right!