“What should I do if I’m hurt in a Birmingham truck wreck?”
Truck accident lawyer Perry Shuttlesworth offers some helpful tips
Victims of truck accidents often don't even know where to begin after they're involved in traumatic crashes involving big rigs. We understand your confusion. That's why we want to help. Our experienced Alabama truck accident attorney knows how to get personal injury victims the compensation they deserve.
Our case results for truck accidents in Alabama speak volumes. Some of our larger verdicts and settlements include:
- $10 million settlement for wrongful death truck accident
- $7 million verdict for commercial truck driver negligence
- $5 million verdict for wrongful death truck accident
What's the secret to our success? Quite simple, we work tirelessly on every truck accident case we handle at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. We know what evidence to look for and we know how to make things right. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.
"What steps should I take if I'm injured in a truck accident?"
If you have been injured in a truck crash, we strongly suggest you take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention – Have a doctor or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) examine you and everyone else involved in the truck accident. Even if you feel fine, you could have a life-threatening internal injury. Don’t try to diagnose yourself. Let a medical professional check you out.
- Contact the police – Tractor-trailer accidents are often very serious and complicated. That’s why it’s critical that the police investigate your collision. The official police accident report can also be critical for obtaining compensation for your accident-related expenses.
- Driver's information–This step includes making sure you obtain the following information from the truck driver:
- Truck driver's full name
- Truck driver's license number
- Truck driver's insurance information
- Truck driver's phone number and address
- Name, address and phone number of trucking company
- Gather evidence – Take notes about the scene of the crash. Write down:
- Exact time and location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signals (especially if they weren't working)
- Every detail counts. Evidence builds strong cases. Write down anything important.
- Take photographs – Take photographs of your accident and any injuries you or anyone else sustained in the crash. That way, if an insurance company or anyone else expresses any doubt later, you’ll have proof of your injuries.
- Talk to witnesses – If someone saw the collision, talk to them. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers. Their testimony could be critical to obtaining compensation for your truck crash.
- Call your insurance company – Notify your insurance company as soon as possible that you have been involved in a truck accident.
- Don’t talk to other insurance carriers – If you’re contacted by the trucking company’s insurance company or other at-fault parties’ insurance carriers, don’t say anything. Adjusters will use anything you say to limit your claim. We can handle them for you.
- Contact a lawyer – Having an experienced truck accident attorney can make a dramatic difference in the outcome of your case. Contact our Birmingham legal team. We can help.
“Why should I hire a truck accident lawyer from Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC?”
Building a successful truck crash case takes great skill and hard work. An experienced truck wreck attorney knows what evidence to look for and how to assemble that information into a strong legal case. We excel at these cases, and we have the results to prove it. Don’t take chances with your future. Take strong legal action. We win cases, and we deliver results. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.