Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents - Alabama Attorneys Ready to Work For You
Make your case matter. Contact an Alabama pedestrian accident lawyer today
Pedestrians and cyclists often sustain serious injuries when a car or truck hits them. In a split second, someone crossing a street or riding a bicycle might suddenly be unable to walk or move normally ever again. That's why we take these serious accidents so seriously at our law firm. We know that the work we do today can make a difference for everyone in the state for years to come.
If you or a loved one sustained a life-altering injury or was killed in a pedestrian or bicycle accident in Alabama, contact us immediately. Our aggressive accident attorneys want to work with you and hold the driver accountable for your serious personal injury accident.
What are common causes of pedestrian and bicycle accidents in Alabama?
Auto accidents and truck accidents often involve pedestrians and cyclists. In both cases, the causes of such accidents are often similar. Some of the most common causes of bicycle and pedestrian accidents we deal with at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, include:
- Distracted drivers
- Texting drivers
- Speeding drivers
- Reckless drivers
- Drunk drivers
The number of pedestrian fatalities in Alabama jumped 27 percent from 2010 to 2011, according to a report by the Alabama Department of Transportation. There were 63 fatalities in 2010 and 84 in 2011.
The number of bicycle fatalities remained unchanged between 2010 and 2011. Five people died on bicycles each year, according to the DOT. However, there were 203 injuries in bicycles accidents in 2011, up from 169 in 2010. Alarmingly, children under 15 years old accounted for 27 percent of bicycle crashes injuries, the DOT reported.
"What should I do if I'm hurt in a bicycle or pedestrian accident in Alabama?"
Our experienced Alabama accident attorneys strongly urge victims of pedestrian or bicycle accidents to take the following steps:
- Call the police - Insist they respond and investigate your pedestrian or bicycle accident. Insurance companies often use police accident reports to determine how much to compensate injury victims.
- Seek immediate medical attention - Even if your injury feels minor, have a doctor or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) diagnose you. You could have life-threatening, internal injury.
- Gather information - Before the driver who caused your pedestrian accident leaves, have someone get the driver's:
- Full name
- Driver's license number
- Insurance information
- Call your insurance company - Tell them you've been in a pedestrian or bicycle accident in Alabama.
- Contact us - Put the power of an experienced Alabama pedestrian accident attorney to work for you.
"What should I do if I'm a victim of a hit-and-run pedestrian accident in Alabama?"
Unfortunately, hit and run accidents involving pedestrians and cyclists can occur in Alabama. That's why it's important to take action quickly to protect your rights. If possible, take the following steps after the accident:
- Call the police immediately.
- Remember as many details as possible about your accident. Some questions you might want to ask yourself include:
- Was the driver a man or woman?
- What color was the car?
- What kind of car was it?
- What direction was the car heading?
- Talk to witnesses. If others saw your accident, they can describe what happened. This information could be very useful for police and your insurance company. Make sure you get the witnesses' full names, addresses and phone numbers so they can be contacted later.
- Contact us. Our experienced Alabama hit-and-run accident attorneys can work with you and help you get the compensation you rightfully deserve. If the driver is never found, you may be covered by your own auto insurance policy. Other options for compensation may be available to you.
Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, puts accident victims' needs first. Contact us
We believe injury victims and their family should know exactly what's happening throughout their legal case. That's why our nursing home neglect lawyers communicate clearly with our clients at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC.
We won't just pay attention to you at the start of your case. We'll answer your phone calls. We'll be with you every step of the way. We will keep you informed about the status of your case. And we will talk with you before we make any major decisions.
Discover what an attentive attorney can do for you. Contact us. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. A delay could affect your ability to recover compensation. That's why it's critical you contact attorney Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, as soon as possible. As contingency fee lawyers, we don't charge clients any fees for pedestrian or bike accident cases unless there is a successful recovery.