Truck Accidents - Alabama Truck Accident Attorney Who Delivers Justice
Discover what an Alabama truck accident lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC can do for you
Alabama truck accidents often involve serious personal injuries and fatalities. And they often involve large trucking companies and insurance carriers for these companies that will work hard to keep money out of victims' pockets.
That's why you need an aggressive and experienced Alabama truck accident attorney on your side, fighting for your rights. That's why victims of serious personal injury accidents involving commercial trucks contact us.
Victims of accidents caused by tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers and other commercial trucks in Alabama routinely rely on us to help them get the compensation they rightfully deserve. Discover what we can do for you. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. If we handle your truck accident case, you don't have to pay us any fees unless we win. We work on a contingency fee basis.
Why should I hire Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC to handle my truck accident?
At Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC, we know how to investigate trucking accidents and we have the results to prove it. We consistently help injury victims and their families obtain sizable verdicts and settlements in case after case. Some of our larger truck accident case results include:
- $10 million settlement for wrongful death truck accident
- $7 million verdict for commercial truck driver negligence
- $5 million verdict for wrongful death truck accident
What's the secret to our success? It's not simply our depth of knowledge about a wide range of legal issues or our aggressive style in the courtroom. It's our personal touch. We take the time to learn about every single client's case. Your case truly matters here.
Frequently asked questions about truck accidents in Alabama
- What are the common causes of truck accidents in Alabama?
- What should I do if I'm involved in a truck accident in Alabama?
- Should I contact the police if my truck accident seems minor?
- Who investigates commercial truck accidents in Alabama?
- What if I can't reach the trucking company after my truck accident?
- What information do truck accident attorneys look for when investigating accidents?
- Should I contact my insurance company after my truck accident in Alabama?
- What if the trucking company's insurance company contacts me?
- Why should I not answer insurance company questions about my truck accident?
- Should I accept an offer from an insurance company after my Alabama truck accident?
- Can I file a lawsuit after an Alabama truck accident?
- What should I do if a loved one was killed in a truck accident in Alabama?
- Should I hire a lawyer for my Alabama truck accident?
Truck accidents happen for any number of reasons. Some of the common causes of truck accidents we deal with at our Alabama tractor-trailer accident law firm include:
- Distracted truck drivers
- Texting truck drivers
- Speeding truck drivers
- Drunk truck drivers
- Tired truck drivers
- Drivers impaired by drugs
- Inexperienced truck drivers
- Poorly maintained trucks
Knowing what to do if you're a victim of a truck accident can be overwhelming. We understand. That's why we want to help. Trucking companies typically begin investigating immediately following a crash. They want to find any evidence that may reduce their liability. That's why it's important to contact us immediately. You can level the playing field. Additionally, we strongly urge victims of truck accidents to take the following steps:
- Call for medical attention
- Call the police
- Get the truck driver's name and contact information
- Take photographs of your truck accident
- Talk to witnesses of your truck accident
- Contact your insurance company
Yes. Any truck accident is a traumatic event. With emotions running high, some people might not even comprehend just how serious the accident is. What you initially think is a "minor" accident may have a bigger impact on your life than you initially believe. That's why you should contact the police, no matter how big or small you think your accident might be. When you contact the police and they investigate your trucking accident, police officers create an official police report for your accident. This document can be critical when it comes to being fairly compensated for your accident.
Most truck accidents in Alabama are investigated by one or several of the following law enforcement agencies:
- Local Alabama police
- Alabama Highway Patrol
- National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB)
Make sure your truck accident investigation receives the attention it rightfully deserves. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC and put our attorney to work for you.
You don't have to worry about trying to find the trucking company. Our experienced Alabama commercial truck accident lawyer knows how to track down trucking companies and hold them responsible for trucking accidents. That's why you need us on your side, fighting for your rights.
We look for critical information documenting that trucking companies followed all relevant state and federal laws governing trucking companies, including:
- Records indicating the trucking company:
- Hired licensed truck drivers
- Provided truck drivers with mandatory rest periods
- Did not overloaded tractor-trailer trucks
- Did not hire truck drivers with a history of truck driving accidents
- Maintenance records verifying the trucking company made necessary repairs
Evidence builds strong cases. That's why we work tirelessly to find the facts we need to build a compelling case on your behalf. We're on your team and fighting for you, every step of the way.
Yes. Tell your insurance company you have been in a tractor-trailer accident. Stick to the facts. Even statements you make to your own insurance company may hurt your chances of being fairly compensated. That's why it's wise to talk to an experienced attorney before you talk to any insurance company.
Decline to comment. The adjuster for the insurance company will want to get you to say something that would be used against you. You can provide the adjuster with your attorney's name and number. If you haven't retained an attorney, call Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC immediately.
Insurance companies often only care about one thing - paying injury victims as little as possible. That's why it's important not to say anything about your truck accident that could be used as justification for not compensating you for your accident.
Before you accept any offer, we strongly encourage you to carefully review it. In most cases, most insurance companies offer injury victims far less than the true cost of their accident. Make sure you receive the money you deserve. Contact us. We can help.
Yes. You have the right to file a truck accident lawsuit in Alabama. Filing a lawsuit can be a very complicated, time-consuming process. It's also one of many ways you can often legally resolve your case. Explore your options. Contact us. We can explain your options and help you decide the best course of action.
Fatal truck accidents in Alabama demand strong legal action. If your loved one died due to a truck accident, you need to make sure your family's rights are respected and your case receives the attention it deserves. As your Alabama wrongful death lawyer, an attorney at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC can help you:
- Negotiate with insurance companies
- Deal directly with trucking companies
- File a wrongful death lawsuit
- Take other legal action if necessary
Yes. Having an experienced Alabama truck accident attorney on your side can often make a dramatic difference. When you have a hard-working lawyer in your corner, you can take an aggressive stance and demand the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Make your case count. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule an appointment today. We want to help you get your life back on track. You pay nothing unless we obtain a recovery in your personal injury case. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis.