Auto Accidents - Alabama Attorney at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC Wins Cases
A Birmingham AL auto accident attorney you can trust to put your best interests first
Alabama auto accidents often involve life-threatening injuries or even fatalities. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident in Alabama, contact our experienced Alabama car accident lawyer. We successfully handle serious personal injury accidents.
Located in Birmingham and serving accident victims throughout Alabama, Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC knows how investigate auto accidents and how to obtain the compensation injury victims rightfully deserve. Discover what we can do for you. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. We handle car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay us a fee if we win your case.
Frequently asked questions about auto accidents in Alabama
- What are the common causes of auto accidents in Alabama?
- What should I do if I'm involved in an auto accident in Alabama?
- Should I seek medical attention if my car accident injury seems minor?
- Should I contact the police if my auto accident seems minor?
- Should I contact my insurance company after my auto accident in Alabama?
- Should I answer questions if an insurance company contacts me after my car accident?
- Should I accept an offer from an insurance company after my Alabama auto accident?
- Can I file a lawsuit for my Alabama auto accident?
- Should I hire a lawyer for my Alabama auto accident?
- Why should I hire Alabama auto accident attorney Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC?
Auto accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes of auto accidents we deal with at our Alabama car accident law firm include:
- Distracted drivers - There are many forms of distractions, but top ones include texting while driving and rubbernecking (slowing down to look at accidents)
- Speeding - Exceeding the speed limit means a driver has less time to avoid a crash. And if an accident happens, speeding often makes the crash more severe than if the driver was obeying the speed limit.
- Drunk driving - While drunk driving accidents have steadily declined over the past several decades, almost 30 people die in such accidents every day in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Asleep at the wheel accidents - Fatigued driving accounts for roughly 100,000 police-reported crashes each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Knowing what to do after an auto accident in Alabama can be overwhelming. That's why we want to help. We strongly urge victims of car accidents to take the following steps:
- Call for medical attention
- Call the police
- Get the other driver's name, address, phone number and insurance information
- Take photographs of your car accident
- Contact your insurance company
- Contact our experienced Alabama auto accident attorney
Yes. Don't try to diagnose yourself. Have a medical professional evaluate you and determine the severity of your injury. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even realize it.
Yes. Insist that police officer respond to your car accident. When you contact the police and they investigate your accident, police officers create an official accident report. This document may be critical when it comes to being fairly compensated for your accident.
Yes. Tell your insurance company you have been in a car accident caused by another driver. You will need to give the representative information about the crash, but keep your comments to a minimum. You can't be sure if statements you make even to your own insurance company will come back to haunt you. That's why it's always wise to contact a lawyer before calling the insurance company.
No. If an insurance adjuster or someone else from an insurance company contacts you, politely decline to answer their questions and instruct them to contact us. Anything you say about your auto accident could be used as justification for not compensating you.
Before you accept any offer, we strongly encourage you to carefully review it. In most cases, most insurance companies offer injury victims far less than the true cost of their accident. Get the money you rightfully deserve. Contact us. We can help.
Yes. You have the right to file an auto accident lawsuit in Alabama, but filing a lawsuit can be very complicated. Don't try to do this on your own. Contact us. We can explain all the legal options available to you and help you decide the best course of action.
Yes. Having an experienced Alabama auto accident attorney on your side can often make a dramatic difference. By retaining a lawyer, you can take an aggressive stance and demand the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Experience matters. In case after case, we consistently obtain large verdicts and settlements for victims of serious auto accidents. That's because we thoroughly understand the law and aggressively search for evidence.
Make your case matter. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule an appointment today. We're ready and eager to work for you.