Get a Birmingham Car Accident Lawyer to Win Your Car Wreck Claim
If you’re hurt in a crash, our Birmingham legal team can win your case
Car wrecks can result in life-threatening injuries or fatalities, but car accident lawyer Perry Shuttlesworth and his Birmingham legal team know how to help crash victims get the compensation they deserve. If you have been injured in a car wreck, contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.
Located in Birmingham and serving accident victims throughout Jefferson County, Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. knows how to investigate car wrecks and knows what to do after a car accident to get compensation for injured crash victims. Discover what our Birmingham legal team can do for you. Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. handles car accident cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay us a fee if we win your case.
Attorney Shuttlesworth answers FAQs about car wrecks in Birmingham
- What are the common causes of car wrecks in Birmingham?
- What should I do if I'm involved in an car accident in Birmingham?
- Should I seek medical attention if my car crash injury seems minor?
- Should I contact the police if my car accident seems minor?
- Should I contact my insurance company after my car accident in Birmingham?
- Should I answer questions if an insurance company contacts me after my car crash?
- Should I accept an offer from an insurance company after my Birmingham car wreck?
- Can I file a lawsuit for my Birmingham car crash?
- Should I hire a lawyer for my Birmingham car wreck?
- Why should I hire Birmingham car accident lawyer Perry Shuttlesworth?
Car accidents happen for a lot of different reasons. Some of the most common causes of car accidents we deal with at our Birmingham accident law firm include:
- Distracted drivers – There are many forms of distractions, but top ones include texting while driving and rubbernecking (slowing down to look at accidents).
- Speeding – Exceeding the speed limit means a driver has less time to avoid a crash. And if an accident happens, speeding often makes the crash more severe than if the driver was obeying the speed limit.
- Drunk driving – While drunk driving accidents have steadily declined over the past several decades, almost 30 people die in such accidents every day in the United States, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Asleep at the wheel accidents – Fatigued driving accounts for roughly 100,000 police-reported crashes each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Knowing what to do after a car accident in Birmingham can be overwhelming, but Shuttlesworth Law can help. Victims of car wrecks are urged to take the following steps after their crash:
- Call for medical attention
- Call the police
- Get the other driver's name, address, phone number and insurance information
- Take photographs of your car accident
- Contact your insurance company
- Contact our experienced Alabama auto accident attorney
Yes. Don’t try to diagnose yourself. Get evaluated from a medical professional to determine the severity of your injuries. You could have a life-threatening internal injury and not even realize it.
Yes. Insist that a police officer responds to your car accident. When you contact the police and they investigate your accident, police officers create an official accident report. This document may be critical when it comes to being fairly compensated for your accident.
Yes. Tell your insurance company you have been in a car accident caused by another driver. You will need to give the representative information about the crash, but keep your comments to a minimum. You can’t be sure if statements you make, even to your own insurance company, will come back to haunt you. That’s why it’s always wise to contact a car wreck lawyer before calling the insurance company.
No. If an insurance adjuster or someone else from an insurance company contacts you, politely decline to answer their questions and instruct them to contact our Birmingham legal team. Anything you say about your car accident could be used as justification for not compensating you.
Before you accept any offer, we strongly encourage you to carefully consider what is being offered. In many cases, insurance companies will offer injury victims far less than what’s needed to cover all your accident-related expenses. Get the money you rightfully deserve. Contact our Birmingham law firm for help.
Yes. You have the right to file a car accident claim in Birmingham, but filing a complaint can be very complicated. Don’t try to do this on your own. Contact our Birmingham legal team so we can explain all your legal options, answer your questions, and help you decide your best course of action.
Yes. Having an experienced car accident lawyer like Attorney Perry Shuttlesworth on your side can often make a dramatic difference. By retaining a car accident attorney, you can take an aggressive stance and demand the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Experience matters. Attorney Shuttlesworth has consistently obtained large verdicts and settlements for injured victims of serious car wrecks because he understands the law and knows how to aggressively search for evidence to build a strong claim. We win cases, and we deliver results. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.