A Birmingham Truck Accident Lawyer Details How Truck Wrecks Happen
Truck crashes explained by a Birmingham truck accident attorney
Truck wrecks happen for many reasons, but no matter what type of truck crash you’re dealing with, experienced truck accident lawyer Perry Shuttlesworth and his Birmingham legal team can hold trucking companies responsible and get compensation for your injury.
Serving injury victims and families who’ve lost loved ones, Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. has a well-earned reputation for helping injured truck accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We know what to do after a truck accident. We want to help you make things right. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.
Wrecks a Birmingham truck crash lawyer can help with when you’re hurt
Our Birmingham law firm handles many different types of truck accidents. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents we deal with include:
- Distracted truck drivers – Many truck drivers cause serious accidents because they are not paying attention to other vehicles around them. These types of truck accidents often occur on highways.
- Texting truck drivers – By law, commercial truck drivers are not allowed to read or write text messages while driving. But that doesn’t stop some truck drivers from doing so, often resulting in serious truck accidents.
- Speeding truck drivers – Speeding remains one the leading causes of truck wrecks in the area, especially on highways like Interstate 65, Interstate 59, Interstate 22, Interstate 20, and Interstate 10.
- Drunk truck drivers – The dangers of drunk driving have been well-documented for decades. That’s what makes these crashes so frustrating.
- Fatigued truck drivers – Truck drivers choose to drive when they’re tired. Whether they’re under pressure from their bosses or they’re self-employed, drivers sometimes break federal hours-of-service regulations and stay on the road too long. Truckers and their employers should be held responsible when drivers fall asleep at the wheel and cause an accident.
- Inexperienced truck drivers – Truck drivers who don’t have a lot of experience often make mistakes that cause serious accidents. Trucking companies should be held responsible for hiring inexperienced truckers.
- Overloaded trucks – Weight limits exist for tractor-trailers and other large trucks. When trucking companies put too much cargo on trucks, truck drivers can cause accidents because overloaded trucks often rollover or cannot stop in time.
Discover what a Birmingham truck accident attorney can do for you
Your truck accident might seem straightforward. A truck driver clearly caused your accident, and you were hurt. While you might think you don’t need a lawyer to resolve your case, you shouldn’t just assume that trucking companies or insurance companies will fairly compensate you.
Most insurance companies only care about one thing – paying injury victims as little as possible. They don’t intimidate us. We know how to handle insurance companies, and we have the case results to prove it. We win cases, and we deliver results. Contact our Birmingham law firm today for a free consultation, or call 866-583-1885.