Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Experienced Alabama car accident lawyers explain common causes of car accidents
Auto accidents in Alabama happen for many reasons. However your car accident occurred, contact us. Our experienced Birmingham, AL auto accident law firm has helped victims of car accidents throughout Alabama deal with such serious personal injury accidents.
Don't assume you don't need a lawyer just because the other driver clearly caused your accident. Protect your rights. Contact a law firm that knows what to do after an auto accident in Alabama. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation.
What are common causes of car accidents in Alabama?
Our law firm has years of experienced handling a wide range of car accidents. That's why we're familiar with many of the common causes of auto accidents. These causes include:
- Distracted driving - Far too many drivers fail to pay attention to other cars around them. They may be eating, daydreaming, gawking at another accident or even dealing with children in the backseat. As a result, these inattentive drivers frequently cause car accidents in Alabama.
- Texting while driving - Texting while driving, which is one of the top forms of distracted driving, is against the law in Alabama. But that doesn't stop many drivers from using their smart phones while driving, often resulting in serious texting car accidents.
- Speeding - When people drive too fast, they don't have enough time to stop or react to other vehicles around them. As a result, they frequently cause speeding car accidents. The crash impact is typically more severe when a car is speeding compared to a car that crashes while following the rules of the road.
- Drunk driving - Drinking and driving remain a dangerous combination and common cause of auto accidents in Alabama. We hold drunk drivers accountable for their actions.
- Asleep at the wheel - When drivers fall asleep at the wheel, they often cause very serious accidents. That's because sleeping drivers don't slow down when they crash into other vehicles. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that fatigued driving accounts for roughly 100,000 police-reported crashes each year.
- Inexperienced drivers - Newer drivers often don't understand just how dangerous driving can be. They don't have the experience to understand how to react in certain situations. That's why it's important to parents to set ground rules when their teenagers are learning to drive.
- Reckless drivers - Tailgating, changing lanes without warning, running red lights and other reckless driving habits often result in serious car accidents with severe injuries.
Why should I hire a Birmingham AL auto accident attorney to handle my case?
Knowing what to do after a car accident can be overwhelming. That's why it's critical you have someone on your side with years of experience handling complicated cases. At Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, we know how to investigate accidents, and we have the case results to prove it.
We're here to help you make things right. If you are retained by our firm, we will not rest until justice is served. Make your case matter. Contact us today. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. We handle auto accidents in Birmingham and throughout Alabama. You pay nothing unless we obtain a recovery in your car accident case. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis.