What should I do if I suspect nursing home neglect?
Contact an Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. We care!
Nursing home neglect cases demand immediate action. If you wait to take action, you could put your loved one's health and legal rights at risk. That's why it's critical you Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC as soon as possible. We know how to handle such tough cases.
Our Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer can work with your family and make sure your case receives the attention it deserves. Don't let nursing homes dictate what happens to you. Take back control. Contact us. We know how to win and we have the case results to prove it.
What steps should I take if I suspect nursing home neglect in Alabama?
It's better to be safe than sorry. Even if your concerns turn out to be unfounded, it's important to take action right away. Otherwise, your loved one could sustain a serious or even life-threatening injury in a nursing home.
If you suspect your loved one is a victim of nursing neglect:
- Notify the nursing home of your concerns.
- Ask the nursing home for an explanation.
- If the nursing home refuses to explain, make note of its response.
- Demand to see your loved one privately.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries, including
- Signs of weight loss;
- If possible, record your conversation with your loved one.
- During your conversation, ask your loved one some of the following questions:
- How often are you fed every day?
- What does the nursing home feed you?
- Are you getting enough to eat?
- Are you getting enough to drink?
- How often are you bathed?
- How often are your bed linens changed?
- Does the nursing home respond if you request medical attention?
- If your loved one has any visible injuries, ask how he sustained them
- If your loved one cannot explain why, make note of her inability to respond
- If your loved one shares a room with another patient, interview the other patient
- If the other patient observed something, write down the other patient's:
- Full name;
- Contact number; and
- Other identifiable details in case other patient is relocated or released.
- Have an independent doctor examine your loved one immediately.
- Contact the police and ask them (or another government agency) to investigate.
- Consider moving your loved one to another facility, even if it's only temporary.
- Contact a nursing home neglect lawyer immediately.
Why should I hire Alabama law firm Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC?
When you have an experienced Alabama nursing home neglect attorney on your side, you can hold nursing homes responsible for their actions. We take pride in our work at our law firm. And we take every case seriously.
If necessary, we can help you file a nursing home neglect lawsuit. We can also help you pursue other legal action if necessary. Whatever it takes to successfully resolve your case, we're ready and eager to do. Your case truly matters at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. If we handle your nursing home neglect case, you don't have to pay us any fees unless we win. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis.
You'll notice the difference the first time you meet with us. We won't tell you what to do. We'll listen. That's because we believe a lawyer needs to understand his clients' needs before he can offer advice. This personalized approach influences everything we do at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation today. Your case matters here.