Medication Errors in Nursing Homes
Alabama medication error lawyers who deliver results. Discover what we can do for you
Medication errors in nursing homes can have serious or even life-threatening consequences. That's why our nursing home neglect lawyers take such cases so seriously. If your loved one was given the wrong medication, he could suffer from a wide range of health problems.
Hold nursing home accountable for their actions. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. Our aggressive nursing home neglect attorneys know how to handle such serious matters as well as many other common nursing home neglect cases.
The following are a few common medication errors we have seen:
- Wrong dosage: Too much medication may lead to a fatal overdose. Too little medication can result in a condition that goes untreated and becomes grave.
- Drug mix-up: Medical professionals sometimes administer the wrong drug, which can result in serious side effects.
- Administering multiple medications that may have adverse side effects when combined: The nursing home staff needs to be aware of any drugs a patient may be using to avoid adverse reactions from mixing medications.
- Failing to check a patient's background: A resident may have certain allergies or other health issues that may be incompatible with a certain drug.
"How can I tell if a medication error was due to nursing home neglect?"
When patients are given the wrong medication or not given medication altogether, the symptoms can often be quite dramatic. Depending on which drug your loved one was accidently given or did not receive, she could exhibit a wide range of health problems.
Look for anything out of the ordinary, including:
- Sudden change in health condition
- Sudden change of mood
- Unexplained health problems
What should I do if I suspect nursing home neglect caused a medication error?
Medical records should clearly indicate exactly what medications should or should not have been administered to nursing home patients. That's why it's important to immediately take the following steps to protect your loved one's health and strengthen your legal case:
- Notify the nursing home immediately of your concerns.
- Seek immediate medical attention for your loved one.
- Demand a copy of the medical records for your loved one.
- Contact us immediately.
If you are retained by our firm, we can vigorously investigate your case and make sure your loved one's rights are respected and your family receives the compensation you rightfully deserve. Remember, you didn't do anything wrong. Why should your family have to suffer any more?
Information is power. Discover what Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC can do for you
Staying on top of the latest legal developments in Alabama and across the country allows our attorneys to build strong legal cases. The more we know, the more we can do for clients. You probably have many more legal options than you might realize. Learn more. Contact us today.
Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation right now. Our law firm is conveniently located in downtown Birmingham, and we proudly serve families throughout Alabama. Don't wait another day to contact us. A delay could affect the outcome of your case.
We work on a contingency fee basis when handling nursing home neglect cases. This means you don't pay us any fees unless you win.