Can I sue a nursing home for nursing home neglect?
Information you need to know from an Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer you can trust
If you are considering filing a lawsuit against a nursing home for neglect, it's critical you have someone on your side who has successfully filed a nursing home neglect lawsuit in Alabama and thoroughly understands the law.
At Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC, we're familiar with Alabama's rules and regulations and know the answers to many frequently asked questions about nursing home neglect. We're also familiar with many of the warning signs of nursing home neglect and other critical elements.
Why should I hire a lawyer to handle my nursing home neglect lawsuit?
Knowing whether you should file a lawsuit can be a difficult decision. That's why it's critical you know all the legal options available to you. If you are retained by our firm, we can explain your options in detail. That way, you can make an informed decision about whether to file a lawsuit.
If you decide to file a lawsuit, we will then get straight to work gathering evidence to build a strong case. In order to gather the facts, we routinely review:
- Medical records
- Statements from patients
- Statements from staff members
We use this evidence to search for evidence of nursing home neglect. That's why we search for the answers to questions that suggest your loved one suffered neglect in a nursing home. These questions include:
- How often does the nursing home feed patients?
- What type of food does the nursing home feed patients?
- Does the nursing home limit the amount of food patients can eat?
- How often does the nursing home check on a patient's well-being?
- How often does the nursing home provide water for patients?
- How often does the nursing home change a patient's bed linens?
- How often does the nursing home bathe patients?
- Does the nursing home have written or electronic records of such activities?
- How can patients communicate with nursing home staff members?
- Are there emergency call buttons beside each nursing home patients' bed?
- Are there trained medical professionals on staff at the nursing home?
All these questions need to be answered. And if you are retained by our firm, we will work tirelessly to uncover the truth. That's why it's critical you have a lawyer who knows what to do if you suspect nursing home abuse. That's why it's important you contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC today.
"Why should I hire an Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer?"
When nursing home neglect happens, many people assume such cases will be resolved quickly and families will be fairly compensated. Unfortunately, that's not always true. In many cases, many families don't receive the money or support they need during this difficult time.
Many nursing homes deny any wrongdoing. Nursing homes also routinely hire an attorney to handle such disputes. Level the playing field. Contact us. If you are retained by our firm, we will aggressively research your case and work tirelessly to gather evidence supporting your claim.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact a law firm that puts your best interests first. Contact the Alabama nursing home neglect attorney at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation.
As a contingency fee lawyer, we don't charge clients any fees for nursing home neglect cases unless there is a successful recovery.