What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse?
Contact an experienced Alabama nursing home abuse lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C.
If you suspect your loved one's a victim of nursing home abuse, you must take immediate action to protect your loved one's safety and rights. That's why you need to contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. We have years of experience handling such serious cases.
When you have an experienced Alabama nursing home abuse law firm on your family's side, you can take an aggressive approach right from the start. Instead of the nursing home saying what should happen, you can dictate what happens to your loved one.
What steps should I take if I suspect nursing home abuse in Alabama?
Even if you are not sure if your loved one is being abused in a nursing home, it's vital that you take action right away. Otherwise, your loved one could sustain a serious or even life-threatening injury in a nursing home.
If you suspect something, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Notify the nursing home of your concerns.
- Ask the nursing home what happened.
- If the nursing home refuses to explain, make note of its response.
- Demand to see the patient privately.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries, including
- Broken bones; and
- Possible signs of physical abuse.
- If possible, record your conversation with your loved one.
- During your conversation, ask your loved one how she sustained these injuries.
- If your loved one cannot explain why, make note of his inability to respond.
- If your loved one shares a room with another patient, interview the other patient.
- If the other patient observed something, make sure to write down the other patient's
- Full name;
- Contact number; and
- Other identifiable details in case other patient is relocated or released.
- Have an independent doctor examine your loved one.
- Contact the police and ask them (or another government agency) to investigate.
- Consider moving your loved one to another facility, even if it's only temporary.
- Contact a nursing home abuse lawyer immediately.
Why should I an hire Alabama lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C.?
When you have an experienced Alabama nursing home abuse attorney on your side, you can hold nursing homes responsible for their actions. That's why families throughout Alabama contact us to help them resolve their nursing home abuse cases.
If necessary, we can help you file a nursing home abuse lawsuit. We can also help you pursue other legal action if necessary. Whatever it takes to successfully resolve your case, we're ready and eager to do. Your case truly matters at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C.
Details matter. And so does your case. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C.
You're not just a case to us. You're a real person with real problems, and we want to help! Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. Our office is conveniently located in Birmingham, Alabama, and we proudly serve people throughout the state.
When you have Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. on your side, you can take an aggressive approach right from the start. We meticulously investigate every case. We tirelessly search for evidence. Details matter. And so do you. Contact us right now. We build strong cases designed to win.
Our attorney works on a contingency fee basis when handling nursing home abuse claims. That means you pay no attorney's fees unless you win.