What is sepsis?
Alabama sepsis injury law firm that fights for nursing home neglect victims
Sepsis is a potentially life-threatening medical condition sometimes caused by nursing home neglect. Nursing home patients with infections (including infected bedsores and urinary tract infections) sometimes develop sepsis, which can cause:
- Severe inflammation throughout body
- Organ failure
- Dangerous drop in blood pressure
- Septic shock
- Death in certain cases
If you suspect your loved one developed sepsis due to nursing home neglect, contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Our experienced Alabama sepsis injury attorney can investigate your case and make sure your loved receives the medical care he or she deserves.
What are common symptoms of sepsis?
Symptoms of sepsis cover a wide range. According to the Mayo Clinic's website, common symptoms of sepsis include:
- At least two of the following symptoms:
- Fever above 101.3 Fahrenheit or below 95 Fahrenheit
- Heart rate above 90 beats per minute
- Respirator rate higher than 20 breaths a minute
- Probable or confirmed infection
- At least one of the following symptoms for severe sepsis:
- Significantly decreased urine output
- Abrupt change in mood
- Decrease in platelet count
- Difficulty breathing
- Abnormal heart function
- Abdominal pain
What should I do if suspect a nursing home patient has sepsis?
We strongly advise families who suspect their loved one has developed sepsis in a nursing home to take the following steps:
- Notify the nursing home immediately - This is an important step. Otherwise, the nursing home could later deny that it was aware of your concerns.
- Demand an immediate medical examination of your loved one - Don't wait to take this critical step. Your loved one's life could be at risk. And if possible, have the examination conducted by an independent doctor or physician whom you trust.
- Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC right away - Our law firm can help you with all the other details involved in such complicated cases.
Details matter. And so does your case. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC
You're not just a case to us. You're a real person with real problems, and we want to help! Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. Our office is conveniently located in Birmingham, Alabama, and we proudly serve people throughout the state. You pay nothing unless we obtain a recovery in your nursing home abuse case. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis.
When you have Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC on your side, you can take an aggressive approach right from the start. We meticulously investigate every sepsis case. We tirelessly search for evidence. Details matter. And so do you. Contact us. We build strong cases designed to win.