What are common nursing home neglect cases?
Information you can use from experienced Alabama nursing home neglect attorneys
Nursing home neglect cases in Alabama cover a wide range of troubling incidents. And in many cases, many nursing home neglect injuries or illnesses can be serious or even life-threatening. That's why it's critical you take immediate action if you suspect your loved one is a victim of nursing home neglect.
At Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, our experienced Alabama nursing home neglect lawyers know how to handle a variety of cases. That's because we have years of experience handling such complex cases. There's no substitute for working first-hand on such serious matters.
What types of cases does Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, handle in Alabama?
Some of the most common nursing home neglect cases we handle at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, include:
No matter what type of nursing home neglect case you're dealing with, it's important to gather the evidence and carefully review the facts. What might seem like a minor detail could become a critical piece of evidence in your nursing home neglect case.
"How can I identify nursing home neglect in Alabama?"
Knowing what to look for if you suspect nursing home neglect can be a challenge. That's why it's important to ask certain questions and focus on the warning signs of nursing home neglect. These questions include:
- How many people work for the nursing home?
- How many patients live in the nursing home?
- Is the staff-patient ratio normal or below average for nursing homes?
- How often does the nursing home feed patients each day?
- How often does the nursing home bathe patients?
- How often does the nursing home change patients' bed linens?
- How often does the nursing home conduct routine medical examinations?
If you suspect something's wrong, take immediate action. Notify the nursing home if you suspect your loved one is a victim of nursing home neglect. Then contact us. We can meet with you and discuss the legal options available to your loved one and your family.
"What should I do if I suspect nursing home neglect in Alabama?"
Take immediate action. A delay could jeopardize your loved one's well-being and your right to take future legal action. Our suggestions for what you should do if you suspect nursing home neglect in Alabama include:
- Notify the nursing home of your concerns.
- Demand an immediate examination of your loved one by an independent doctor.
- Contact the police and ask them (or another government agency) to investigate.
- Consider moving your loved one to another facility, even if it's only temporary.
- Contact a nursing home neglect lawyer.
Your case matters. We can help. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, today
We're proud of the work we do every day for people in Alabama. We know that the work we do today can make a dramatic difference in the lives of families for many years to come. That's what drives us to work hard - helping people just like you.
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your nursing home neglect case. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. We won't dictate what you should do. We'll work closely with you to create a strategy that addresses your unique legal needs. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free appointment right now. A delay could affect the outcome of your case.
We handle nursing home abuse cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you only pay us a fee if we win your case.