What are warning signs of nursing home neglect?
Helpful advice from an Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC
Nursing home neglect can be very challenging. Even knowing if a loved one was neglected can be difficult. That's why it's important you have someone on your side familiar with the warning signs of nursing home neglect. That's why you need to contact us as soon as possible.
Our experienced Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer knows what to look for and have years of experience handling such complicated cases. Don't take chances with your loved one's health. Take action. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC today.
"How can I tell if a loved one is a victim of nursing home neglect?"
Unlike nursing home abuse, nursing home neglect can be much more subtle. What might seem like an ordinary health problem could be a sign of severe neglect. Make sure you take immediate action if you notice any of the possible symptoms of nursing home neglect:
- Unexplained weight loss - When nursing homes fail to feed patients on a regular basis, they frequently lose weight due to neglect or malnutrition.
- Bedsores - Nursing home patients who remain in the same position for too long routinely develop bedsores, which are also known as pressure ulcers.
- Dehydration - Neglected nursing home patients often do not receive enough water to drink, resulting in dehydration, a life-threatening condition.
- Sudden mood changes - Unexplained crying and withdrawing from social activity could be a sign of nursing home neglect.
- Depression - If your loved one suddenly shows signs of depression, they could be a victim of nursing home neglect.
- Visits to nursing home restricted - If the nursing home suddenly bars you from visiting the nursing home, demand an explanation and insist on seeing your loved one.
"What should I do if I suspect nursing home neglect in Alabama?"
If you suspect nursing home neglect, we strongly recommend you take the following steps to protect your loved one:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your loved one
- Notify the nursing home of your concerns
- Contact the police and ask them to investigate
- Contact us
Don't wait to take action. Your loved one's life could be in danger. Make sure you do everything you can to protect their health and their legal rights. Contact us immediately. We can help.
Why should I hire an Alabama nursing home neglect lawyer?
Knowing what to do if your loved one has been neglected in a nursing home can be overwhelming. That's why it's critical you have someone on your side with years of experience handling such complicated cases. We know how to investigate cases and produce results.
We're here to help your family make things right. If you are retained by our firm, we will not rest until justice is served. Make your case matter. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC today. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. We hold nursing homes accountable for their actions.
We work on a contingency fee basis when handling nursing home neglect cases. This means you don't pay us any fees unless you win.