Psychological Abuse - Complicated Assisted Living Abuse Cases
Alabama assisted living psychological abuse law firm focused on your family's needs
Psychological abuse in assisted living facilities in Alabama can be very hard to prove. In many cases, many facilities deny any wrongdoing. Their insurance companies may low-ball an offer if they do accept any responsibility. That's why it's critical you have an aggressive attorney who will not rest until justice is served. That's why you need us on your side.
At Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C., our experienced assisted living abuse and neglect attorney knows what questions to ask, what evidence to look for and how to compile information into strong legal cases. We're proud of our case results, and we're eager to help you.
What are examples of psychological abuse at assisted living facilities?
Psychological abuse at assisted living facilities can take many different forms. Often, such forms of abuse involve:
- Verbally abusive assisted living employees
- Neglect by assisted living employees
- Denial of services in facility, including
- Preventing residents from watching television
- Withholding mail from residents
- Prohibiting residents from participating in facility activities
- Isolating residents in facility
- Prohibiting visitors
- Taunting or teasing facility residents
- Threatening residents
- Mocking a disability or other characteristic
How can you identify a victim of psychological abuse in an assisted living facility?
The warning signs of psychological abuse in assisted living facilities can be very difficult to identify. That's why it's important to be aware of subtle clues that something might be wrong, including:
What should I do if I suspect psychological abuse at an assisted living facility?
If you believe your loved one is a victim of psychological abuse at an assisted living facility, we strongly urge you to:
- Notify the nursing home.
- Schedule a doctor's appointment immediately for your loved one.
- If necessary, schedule an independent psychiatric evaluation of your loved one.
- Contact the police if necessary, especially if you suspect physical abuse.
- Call the ElderCare Hotline at 1-800-356-9596 or the Adult Abuse Hotline at 1-800-458-7214 to report the abuse.
- Contact us immediately.
Responsive Alabama law firm ready to serve your legal needs now
Don't wait to find out what happens with your case. Take back control. Contact us today. A delay could affect your loved one's health and your ability to be fairly compensated. That's why it's critical you contact our law firm as soon as possible. Call 866-583-1885 right now. We work on a contingency fee basis when handling assisted living abuse cases. This means you don't pay us any fees unless you win.
Many law firms talk about what they can do for people. We believe our case results speak volumes. In case after case, we consistently help injury victims get the compensation they deserve and the justice they demand. Expect more. Contact Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C..