Neglect - Assisted Living Neglect Cases Are Complicated. We Can Help
Alabama assisted living neglect attorney who stands up for injury victims' rights
Neglect at assisted living facilities can be tough to prove. If your loved one is not receiving enough attention, the assisted living facility might simply disagree. That's why you need an experienced assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer who can handle such sensitive cases.
At Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C., our assisted living neglect attorney knows what evidence to look for, knows what questions to ask and has the skills needed to organize this information into a strong legal case. Assisted living facilities don't intimidate us. We're ready to stand up for your rights.
What are examples of neglect at assisted living facilities in Alabama?
Neglect is one of the most common types of assisted living abuse and neglect in Alabama. Neglect can take many different forms. Some of the most common examples of resident neglect our attorney has dealt with include:
- Residents not fed regularly, resulting in malnutrition or dehydration
- Residents left unattended for hours
- Residents not bathed for days
- Bed linens for residents not changed for weeks
- Routine medical examinations not performed on a regular basis
- Who is responsible for what happens in an assisted living facility? There can be multiple parties responsible for neglect, including owners, administrators, and staff members.
What are the warning signs of assisted living facility neglect in Alabama?
Make sure you pay very close attention to possible warning signs of assisted living neglect. In particular, watch for:
Our firm can offer legal advice and discuss how to report neglect in an assisted living facility.
What should I do if I suspect neglect at an Alabama assisted living facility?
Even if you are not positive your loved one is a victim of neglect at an assisted living facility, it's better to take action than put your loved one's health or safety at risk. If you suspect neglect is occurring at an assisted living facility, we strongly urge you to:
- Notify the assisted living facility of your concerns.
- Schedule a medical examination immediately for your loved one.
- Contact the police if you suspect criminal activity
- Call the Adult Abuse Hotline at 1-800-458-7214 to report the neglect.
- Contact an assisted living neglect lawyer immediately.
Experienced Alabama attorney dedicated to delivering results to clients
Difficult legal cases demand experienced legal representation. Make sure you give your case the attention it deserves. Contact us today. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation right now. A delay could affect the outcome of your case. If we handle your assisted living abuse and neglect case, you don't have to pay us any fees unless we win. We work on a contingency fee basis.
When you have an experienced Alabama attorney on your side, you can take an aggressive stance right from the start. Don't let assisted living facilities dictate what happens to you. Take back control. Contact a Birmingham, Alabama attorney at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C.