Common Types of Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect
Alabama assisted living abuse and neglect attorney explains examples, what to look for
Assisted living abuse and neglect cases cover a wide range. No matter what type of case you're dealing with, contact us. Our experienced Alabama assisted living facility abuse attorney can investigate your case and help you hold negligent facilities accountable for their actions.
Located in Birmingham and serving clients throughout Alabama, Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC has a well-earned reputation for successfully resolving complicated legal cases and helping families get the compensation they rightfully deserve. We want to help make things right.
What are common examples of assisted living abuse and neglect?
No two abuse or neglect cases are ever completely alike. However, there are some similarities between many neglect or abuse cases at assisted living facilities in Alabama. The cases include:
- Financial exploitation - Such cases often involve assisted living facilities overcharging or charging residents for services not provided.
- Unnecessary medical procedures - Some assisted living facilities perform or request medical procedures on healthy residents in order to fraudulently obtain compensation.
- Physical abuse - Sadly, this is one of the most common forms of assisted living abuse we deal with at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC.
- Psychological abuse - Even if your loved one was not physically harmed, the emotional impact of psychological abuse can be quite severe.
- Neglect - Assisted living residents who do not receive enough food, water or attention can suffer life-threatening health problems.
If you suspect assisted living abuse or neglect is occurring, take immediate action. Notify the assisted living facility of your concerns. Then contact us. We can hold the assisted living facility responsible for such reckless behavior. We will not rest until justice is served.
"Why should I hire an Alabama assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer?"
When assisted living abuse or neglect happens, many people assume such cases will be resolved quickly and families will be fairly compensated. Unfortunately, that's not always true. In many cases, families don't receive the money or support they need during this difficult time.
Many assisted living facilities or their insurance companies will deny any wrongdoing. They also routinely hire an attorney to handle such disputes. If they do accept responsibility, they may offer an unreasonably small amount to settle and claim that's all your case is worth. Level the playing field. Contact us. If you are retained by our firm, we will aggressively research your case and work tirelessly to gather evidence supporting your claim. We will strive to maximize your compensation.
This may be your only opportunity for justice. Seize it. Contact a law firm that puts your best interests first. Contact the Alabama assisted living abuse attorney at Shuttlesworth Law Firm LLC. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation.
We work on a contingency fee, which means we don't charge clients any fees for assisted living abuse and neglect cases unless there is a successful recovery.