Warning Signs of Assisted Living Abuse and Neglect
Put the power of an experienced Alabama assisted living abuse lawyer to work for you
Assisted living abuse and neglect cases can be very hard to identify. That's why it's important to know what to look for if you suspect your loved one is a victim of wrongdoing or physical harm. Otherwise, your loved one's health and well-being could be in jeopardy.
At Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C., we're familiar with the warning signs of neglect and abuse involving assisted living facilities. That's why we want to help investigate your claim and hold the assisted living facility accountable if it broke the law.
"How can I tell if someone is a victim of assisted living facility abuse or neglect?"
Sometimes, the warning signs of assisted living facility abuse or neglect can be obvious. But in many cases, the signs are more subtle. Some of the warning signs of the most common assisted living facility abuse or neglect cases include:
- Unusual financial transactions - This can be a signal that your loved one is a victim of financial exploitation by an assisted living facility.
- Unexplained medical procedures – If the assisted living facility suddenly recommends your loved one undergo a costly medical procedure, ask for a second opinion.
- Unexplained injuries – Bruises on the arms, unexplained falls and other injuries can often be a sign of someone being handled roughly by staff members or abused by other residents.
- Sudden mood changes – Unexplained crying, depression and withdrawing from social activity could be a sign of psychological abuse at an assisted living facility.
- Sudden weight loss – Neglect by assisted living facilities can sometimes result in a patient rapidly losing weight.
- Unsanitary conditions – Facilities have a responsibility to maintain rooms and common areas to ensure they are sanitary and safe, and to help keep clothing and linens clean.
- Unexplained infections or illness – Neglecting to provide proper medical care can lead to serious health issues.
- Restricted visiting hours – Facilities that have shorter visiting hours may be trying to hide evidence of neglect.
"What should I do if I suspect assisted living facility abuse or neglect?"
Knowing what to do if you suspect assisted living facility abuse or neglect can be overwhelming. Fortunately, you're not alone. You have legal options. The most important thing to do is make sure your loved one's health and safety are no longer at risk. Take the following steps:
- Seek immediate medical attention for your loved one.
- Contact the police if the abuse or neglect is a criminal matter.
- Contact our experienced Alabama assisted living abuse attorney.
Why should I hire an Alabama assisted living abuse and neglect lawyer?
We take pride in our work at our law firm. And we take every case seriously. You'll notice the difference the first time you meet with us. We won't tell you what to do. We'll listen. That's because we believe a lawyer needs to understand his clients' needs before he can offer advice.
This personalized approach influences everything we do at Shuttlesworth Law Firm, P.C. Once we earn your trust, we will work tirelessly to keep it as we strive to resolve your assisted living abuse and neglect case. This includes:
- Vigorously investigating your case
- Dealing directly with the assisted living facility
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary on your behalf
Make your case matter. Call 866-583-1885 right now and schedule a free case evaluation. If we handle your assisted living abuse and neglect case, you don't have to pay us any fees unless we win. We handle these claims on a contingency fee basis.