What should I do after an auto accident in Alabama?
Helpful advice from an experienced Alabama car accident lawyer you can trust
Our Alabama auto accident attorneys at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC know how confusing car accidents can be for injury victims. That's why we created this page to provide useful information for victims of car accidents in Alabama.
If you're a victim of an auto accident caused by another driver, you need to take aggressive legal action to protect your rights and make sure you receive the money you rightfully deserve. Don't wait to action. A delay could affect your ability to be compensated. Contact us today.
"What should I do if I'm a victim in a car accident in Alabama?"
If you have been in a car accident in Alabama caused by another driver, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Seek medical attention - Don't try to diagnose yourself. You could have life-threatening injury that is not immediately apparent. Make sure you protect your health. Have an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or doctor examine you after your car accident.
- Call the police - It's very important to have a police officer respond to your car accident to help sort things out. Without an official accident report from the police, you might have a hard time obtaining compensation for your accident.
- Take photographs - Photos of your accident and your injuries can be used as evidence for your accident. Don't give insurance companies a reason to reject your claim.
- Gather evidence - Write down anything that might seem important about your accident. Every detail counts, including:
- Time and location of accident
- Weather conditions
- Traffic conditions
- Driver's information - Make sure you obtain the following information from the other driver:
- Full name
- Phone number
- License plate number
- Driver's licenses number
- Insurance information
- Interview witnesses - If others saw your accident, talk to them. Get their full names, addresses and phone numbers. Their testimony could be critical in obtaining compensation for your Alabama car accident.
- Notify your insurance company - Tell your insurance company you have been in a car accident caused by another driver.
- Contact a lawyer - Put the power of an experienced Alabama car accident attorney to work for you. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. We fight for accident victims.
Why should I hire Alabama auto accident attorneys at Shuttlesworth Lasseter?
We take pride in our work at our law firm. And we take every case seriously. You'll notice the difference the first time you meet with us. We won't tell you what to do. We'll listen. That's because we believe a lawyer needs to understand his clients' needs before he can offer advice.
This personalized approach influences everything we do at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. Once we earn your trust, we will work tirelessly to keep it as we strive to resolve your Alabama car accident case. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation. Your case matters here.
We work on a contingency fee basis when handling car accident cases. This means you don't pay us any fees unless you win.