What are warning signs of nursing home abuse?
Alabama nursing home abuse attorneys at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, offer advice
Nursing home abuse can be hard to identify. If you suspect a loved one might be a victim of nursing home abuse in Alabama, it's critical you take immediate action. You need to protect his or her health and rights. Contact us as soon as possible.
Our experienced Alabama nursing home abuse lawyers know what to look for and are familiar with the warning signs of nursing home abuse. That's why we have such a strong track record of success at Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC. Case results truly matter here.
"How can I tell if someone is a victim of nursing home abuse?"
Knowing whether someone is a victim of nursing home abuse can be very complicated. Sometimes, the warning signs of nursing home abuse can be very obvious. But other times, they're much more subtle. Some of the most common warning signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Unexplained injuries - Bruises on the arms, unexplained falls and other injuries can often be a sign of someone being handled roughly by nursing home staff members.
- Sudden mood changes - Unexplained crying, depression and withdrawing from social activity could be a sign of nursing home abuse.
- Broken bones - You should be especially concerned if a loved one unexpectedly sustains a break or fracture to his arm or fingers.
- Visits to nursing home restricted - If the nursing home suddenly prohibits you from visiting the nursing home, demand to know why and insist on seeing your loved one.
- Sudden weight loss - Nursing home injuries can sometimes result in a patient's loss of appetite.
- Bedsores - Also known as pressure sores or decubitus ulcers, bedsores may develop when there is unrelieved pressure to the skin.
"What should I do if I suspect nursing home abuse in Alabama?"
Knowing what to do if you suspect nursing home abuse can be confusing. Make sure you take such warning signs seriously right from the start. Tell the nursing home you suspect something is wrong with your loved one. Then contact us.
What matters most is not waiting to take action. Your loved one's life could be in danger. That's why it's critical you take steps to protect your loved one. And perhaps the most important thing you can do is to contact our law firm as soon as possible.
Your case matters. We can help. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, today
We're proud of the work we do every day for people in Alabama. We know that the work we do today can make a dramatic difference in the lives of families for many years to come. That's what drives us to work hard - helping people just like you.
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your case. Contact Shuttlesworth Lasseter, LLC, today. We won't dictate what you should do. We'll work closely with you to create a strategy that addresses your specific legal needs. Call 866-583-1885 and schedule a free case evaluation.
As contingency fee lawyers, we don't charge clients any fees for personal injury cases unless there is a successful recovery.